1. New rebel leaders emerge in the Eastern DRC; just as horrible, but nowhere near as hip and fashionable as Laurent Nkunda.
2. Rwandan genocidaire sentenced to a long time in jail; prosecutors and defense fight over how long.
3. 50,000th refugee repatriated into Burundi; 49,999th unhappy that they didn’t get a news article written about them.
4. Data shows 44% increase in attacks on humanitarian workers in Eastern DRC; 90% occur at dubious clubs in Goma.
5. Rwanda and China promote culture sharing; sweet and sour cassava becomes new state food.